Best Start Resource Centre Regional Webinar
Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies Breastfeeding Web Course:
A Train the Trainer Approach
Tuesday, February 2nd, 2010
1.30 - 3.00 pm
Please sign in at 1:15 pm
Internet and phone connections are required to participate in this free webinar.
This free webinar will help service providers to successfully engage staff and volunteers from their organization in taking the Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies Breastfeeding Web Course and applying the knowledge gained from the course. The webinar is designed primarily for staff in community agencies and hospitals. A train-the-trainer approach will be incorporated.
This webinar is designed for staff of community agencies and hospitals whose role involves program planning, policy development, staff education or administrative decision-making for programs providing service to pregnant women and new families.
The goal of the breastfeeding web course is to enable health and social service providers, volunteers and individuals who work with pregnant women or new families to protect, promote and support breastfeeding. The knowledge gained will assist pregnant women to make an informed decision with regard to a method of infant feeding, and for new families to establish breastfeeding as part of a successful transition to parenthood. It is divided into 7 short modules and takes about 1 – 1 1/2 hours to complete. After the “test your knowledge” sections have been successfully completed, a certificate of completion is provided upon request. This course is particularly useful for organizations implementing the principles of the Baby-Friendly Initiative.
- Increase knowledge about the content of the Healthy Mothers Healthy Babies Breastfeeding Web Course and how to access and use this course effectively.
- Discuss strategies that will engage staff and volunteers in completing the web course and applying the content to their practice.
- Discuss strategies that can be used by community agencies and hospitals within their organizational mandate to ensure staff and volunteers protect, promote and support breastfeeding according to Baby Friendly Initiative’s The Ten Steps to Successful Breastfeeding for hospitals and The Seven Point Plan for Community Health Services using the web course.
- Provide contact information for ongoing consultation and support to organization staff.
- Conduct a brief evaluation of the webinar to determine whether the goals and objectives of the webinar have been met.
Webinar participants are strongly encouraged to review the Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies Breastfeeding Course at www.beststart.org/courses/ PRIOR to the webinar to familiarize themselves with the content.
the flyer in PDF
For inquiries about registration contact:
Roshni Juttun: email@example.com
or 1-800-397-9567 ext. 2336; or 416-408-2249 ext. 2336,
For content inquiries, contact,
Hiltrud Dawson: firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-397-9567 ext. 2250; or 416-408-2249 ext. 2250